Apprenticeship Funding, Kickstarter Scheme & Updates
New Apprentice Scheme
- The scheme is open to apprentices taken on from 1 August 2020 and 31 January 2021.
- Apprentices must not have been employed within six months prior to the start of the new apprenticeship.
- Claims under the scheme can be made from 1 September 2020. These will be made through the apprenticeship service.
- Payments will be £2,000 for 16-24 year olds and £1,500 for 25 or over. Payable in two instalments on day 90 and day 365 of the apprenticeship.
- Minimum of 25 hours per week plus training. Wages paid for 6 months plus unspecified amount for overheads. Applications from August 2020, however, this is not currently possible.
- Further details not yet available at time of preparing this blog and we will update as soon as the details comes out.